1. Polished concrete floors have a much longer life span than tile, hardwood, linoleum, or carpet. Plus, they do not require the upkeep that those floors do – like regular vacuuming, mopping, and waxing. In fact,polished concrete floors only need to be dusted once in awhile. If you spill something on them, plain water or a light cleanser can get everything cleaned up.
2. Polished concrete floors do not trap mold, mildew, dust mites, bacteria, allergens, or moisture like other floors do. Because the floors are polished, they are not porous – meaning nothing can get inside. Polished concrete is a great alternative for anyone who suffers from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory issues.
3. Polished concrete floors can fit into any décor. They come in a variety of colors, and you can even specify how shiny you want them to be. Many homeowners opt for polished concrete flooring because they like the smooth, shiny look of marble and granite – but they cannot afford it. With the right shine, polished concrete floors can look just like other, more expensive, types of flooring.
4. Polished concrete floors can save you time, whether you're a homeowner or a factory owner. Concrete polishing can be done in sections, which lessens the inconvenience of their installation. Plus, once the concrete polishing is finished, nothing has to dry or set. You can get back inside your home – or back to work at a factory – quickly.
5. Polished concrete floors are energy-efficient. Because of their shine, they reflect both heat and light – both of which can save you a bundle on your energy bills.